WITH REGARDS TO COVID19 AND HOW IT WILL AFFECT US AND FUTURE SCHEDULING. WE WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE SITUATION AS IT EVOLVES AND WE WILL NOTIFY MEMBERSHIP IF THERE IS ANY CHANGE IN PLANS, HERE, AND ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE (LINK BELOW).
The Manitoba Canary and Finch Club (MCFC) was formed in February of 1991 in order to promote the interest in, and advancement of, aviculture, specifically that of canaries and finches.
The MCFC is an informal gathering of people who share a common interest in aviculture. Since our founding in 1991, we have worked to promote public awareness of our hobby as well as an appreciation for the miracle of avian flight and the gift of birdsong through the following:
• Bird displays for the public.
• Guest speaking to interested groups and school classrooms.
• Assisting schools, day cares and seniors complexes in the set-up and maintenance of canary and finch displays for their clientele.
• The arrangement of special functions for the public such as the inclusion of Manitoba artists in its public bird displays.
• To promote best practices for the health and well-being of birds kept in captivity by sharing information and ideas, operating a Bird Care Support Network, holding monthly meetings, inviting guest lecturers, as well as the dissemination of information in our Club newsletter.
• To keep members advised of all government regulations concerning the keeping and import/export of canaries and finches as well as acting in an advisory capacity to the various levels of government regarding the keeping of captive birds.
• To promote enjoyment, cooperation, and positive social relationships among fanciers in the City of Winnipeg and the Province of Manitoba.